Thursday, April 24, 2008

EM2 test 1

I had EM2 test just now, it started at 8.30pm till 10.30pm. This is the first time I have my class till 10.30pm. I had spent my whole day revising and kept on revising my maths until I fall asleep. Then I forced myself to wake up and continued my study. It doesn't last very long because I think I was sitting at desk with em papers on it with eyes closed. My brain kept showing a sign.. Something like this:

Photobucket

Then I tried to open my eyes and continue my revision, I was learning very slowly and suddenly I saw this..


Photobucket

By the time I felt better to study, it was already dinner time. So I rushed my dinner and headed to school.

The first thing I do was to visit the library, in the library I can see many people are burning their last minute oil and struggle to finish 4 chapters of maths topic in about 1 hour time. I thought I was well prepared and my head aws a little dizzy so I don't bother to do anymore revision.

I went into auditorium for the test around 8.25pm and saw our tutor, Ms. Chong Chee Jun arrangging the desks and chairs for us.

Photobucket

Never underestimate the power of women. I saw her carrying desks to and fro just to prepare the seats for our test. Not bad huh? And where is the slave driver brain torturerMs. Sashi?

After she had arranged all the seats, We went to sit at the front right side of the auditorium. The we are:

Photobucket

Including myself of course.

Photobucket
What nice seat, chose a place like that out of many other places in the auditorium. I even got many comments from my friend
[Is that your final destination or what?] Avery
[If that fall, Hopefully you don't duck] Eric
[If that fail, I don't know where will you run] Abubu

It was tense in the auditorium, everyone tried to stay calm,

Photobucket

I think Eric is well prepared, he was already shaking his feet even before he get the test, so confident hor? I was calm too, knowing after working so hard all this while..

Unitl we got the test paper.

Question 1
a) Find the equation of the lines given by this vertex and that vertex
[Hmm.. How do I start again? Next question]

b) Use the answer in (a) and find the point where the line touch the plane which has the vertices of origin, blah... blah... blah...
[Oh no.. I forgot how to do.. Nevermind next question]

c)Find the angle between the normal of two planes given by blah... blah... blah..
[Ok, atleast I know this one...]

Question 2
[Huh?]

Question 3
Complex number.. Haha! Exactly from the tutorial! Bingo!

Question 4
[What's helix curvature again? never heard of it... Next!]

Question 5
[Parametric equations?? How to relate both y and x again? Die...]

Question 6
[Multiple choice questions! Haha! I'll start these first... Wait a minute! How come got so many answer one? swt...]

In the end I was only able to solve question 3. The other questions are all written to fill in the spaces provided so I won't look stupid.. (ahem)... Well, what can I do? I totally don't know how to do the question although I finish the tutorial? When ever I tried to solve the other questions, something unpleasant popped out in my mind...

Photobucket

After struggling for 2 hours, I passed up my test paper with a bitter smile. Ms Sashi smiled at me with a feeling of coldness.. Transmitting "Your're toasted!" message into my eyes.. What a chilled.. exaggerating...

After this test, I realised I haven't put enough effort into my maths and had spent too much time in CEP. I'm quite busy in church attivities too recently which makes my life more hectic. Really have to arrange my time properly.. Not having enough sleep lately too... Time management.. If only I can have more time.

I'm going to have CEP test tonight and have to pass up the assignment too.. Compiling them in a while.. Have to pray and leave everything to God.

I always wanted to score straight HD in finals, I know if I put all my effort into it, I mean ALL my effort into it and neglect everything, I might be able to achieve it. But then again, is it worth it to give up those things you have and go for one thing and achieve it? Is getting straight HDs the most important goal in my life? Where will I be heading to? Or should I spare time for other activities and people like family and friends, church activities and hobbies?

I guess this is life, we cannot win all, we lose some and gain some in our life. I'm happy with my life, I'm trying to achieve as much as possible in my study as well as my other abilities like singing, playing guitar, inter-personal skill and other stuff.. Failure is tough but we don't learn much if we don't fail at all. Often the most precious experience comes when we're enduring hardship. When we go thruogh it, we'll be stronger. Most importantly, we'll have to trust in the Lord.

"We carry this treasure in vessels of clay, so that all this all-surpassing power may not be seen as ours but as God's. Trials of every sort come to us, but we are not discouraged. We are left without answer but do not despair; persecuted but not abandoned, knocked down but not crushed.
2 Corinthians 4:7-9

4 comments:

saykhia said...

Eric was SO confident that he not only didn't need to stay in school for his final preparations, but was also at Manhattan Fish Market (the one at BOULEVARD) half an hour before the test. Hahaha.

Don't worry Soon Eng. Things are usually not as bad as you expect them to be. But they're usually worst if you expect good of them. The paradox of life? Haha.

Johnson said...

wow, Ms Sashi should be nicknamed as "The Unpredictable" Many times when she says the tests will going to be easy. Only 4 questions. But when it comes to the moment of truth... this is when all of the students realize that Ms Sashi is so "merciful".. hmm..

Perhaps, one of the reasons that causes Ms Sashi to give tough ques to us is because she can't solve them in the first place. So, we are the guinea pigs that help her to "solve" those ques. Kesian us.. :(


I'm having EM3C test tomorrow. Cham! Judgment day! Help!

Ezekiel said...

Saykhia,
Eric.. Later see how his test 1 result.. Yea.. If I failed, that will be my first test fail in Swinburne... 2nd since I started to go to school... And perhaps the last in my life.

Johnson,
Talking about unpredictable... I suddenly had a flashed back.. She did say easy final during my EMA and everything will be like the one in tests. But thn the question come out.. Totally different story... sigh!

All the best in your test tomorrow guys!

Eric said...

Despite all the "accusation" that was thrown at my confidence, I could only say: "Hakuna Matata".