Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nerve of Steel

I'm taking 4 subjects including Careers in Currilum this semester. Again I know it's either going to be a stressful and haunting one or it's going to be yet hectic and rewarding semester. It all depends on how I see it. Here are the subjects that I'm taking this semester, Road Engineering and Design of Steel Structures are core subjects in the University.
  1. Design of Steel Structures
  2. Road Engineering
  3. Engineering Management 1
  4. Engineering Management 2

Hence begun the ever challenging university life! Let me introduce my subject one by one:
Design of Steel Structures

In this subject, I'll be studying the basic of steel structure design. Besides learning the basic knowledge, we need to observe steel structures around the World and design our very own steel structure! Sounds fantastic right? Hehe! I'm anticipating it with great excitement too. Will we be designing something like this?

An Office Building in Bahrain

Or this?

A grand looking steel arch bridge

Or maybe this?

The Effiel Tower!

Hm.. The picture below, where have we seen this before? Yea, it's in Mechanics of Structure, Structural Mechanics, Design of Concrete Structures and now, Design of Steel Structures!

Behold! The simply supported beam!

Ok, let's face it. If you want to do civil engineering, you'll be doing this at least 4 subjects in your studies. It's only a start, everythings seems to be easy. I'm looking forward towards this subject. Do you know why? Because, by using the simple concept above, we can create this,


Cool yeah?

to be continued...

No comments: