Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You've Got the Power!

What's up in March? It's the first ever 30-Hour-Famine held in Kuching on 21-22 March ! For those who don't know, the 30-Hour-Famine is a global movement against hunger and poverty. Participants fast for 30 hours and get a glimpse of the dire conditions that impoverished children and families everyday. They also learn about poverty issues. It is co-organised by World Vision and Sin Chew Jit Po with the participating organisation of Sarawak Chinese Annual Conference (which is the Sarawak Chinese Methodist Churches), Swinburne Sarawak Student Council, and tHe Spring.

Ok, 30-Hour-Famine has come to Kuching so what? What does it have to do with me? Your paticipation of course! Joining camp means you get to meet more hot chicks new friends! If you want to join 30-Hour-Famine, all you have to is to raise donation for a certain amount of money. For student and senior citizen, the minimum amount is RM80 while for non-student, the minimum amount is RM120. Here's what you need to do. First, get a donation card in tHe Spring.



And then start collecting donations, be remined that you cannot make public appeal with this donation card, you can only approach family members and friends for donations. So people, if I approached you for donations, I mean it because I really want to join the Famine help the poors. hehe Well, I got my donation card around one month ago and let it grow dust on my workstation till this week. When you got your minimum amount or reach the due date, you simply return it to customer service counter in tHe Spring. After you return the card, you'll be issued an officail receipt for admission to the camo and also the camper's note containing the detailed information on the camp. You can see that I didn't really approach many people because it was a week before Chinese New Year when I get the card, many people had spent their money on Chinese New Year Goodies, then after that is Valentine's day, more people are broke after giving their best to their beloved. After all that I got 1 week left. The due date is on 1st of March 2009. Save children's life! Donate to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

find me, if nt too late...

Ezekiel said...

The due date is 1st of March, you're 10 days late... Hehe!